Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Falling in Love

My mother agreed to go to the EQ and Leadership course that I think so highly of. I called her for the first time in years and she agreed to go immediately. To be honest, there was a part of me that was disappointed because I didn't have to fight for it, she just said yes. (Shrugging my shoulders) That knee jerk response is something that I'm working on and will always be apart of me, though now I don't have to act on it. Ok, I'm lying to myself, I'll do every now and again, but I like and it helps to get kicked in the teeth once and awhile. (Shrugging my shoulders again). I'm so proud of her. She's going way outside her comfort zone and that alone is a victory for her. This stupid course has given me so much that all I want to do is share the love. Tapping the brakes for a minute, I want to acknowledge that I don't know everything, in fact I know far, far less than I delude myself into believing. Yesterday was great for me, because I got to talk to two important people in my life that lovingly smacked me down a little. If you're reading this, please do it each and every time I need it. One told me to be open to other modes of enlightenment, and that my way is not the only way. Fair, and they're right, which is great because now I'm open to learning and experiencing more. My second friend, after reading an apology I wrote to my entire MBA class, called me up and asked me what was going on. I told him what I was doing and he started laughing. Come to find out, he did a course much like mine, and we were able to connect on our shared experience. I don't remember a time talking to someone outside this course about our growths, realizations, and challenges. We might even go to each others courses, which I'm crazy excited about. I've also been invited to an ayahuasca ceremony in Peru, and I can't wait to go..... To both of you for yesterday, let me think you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I'm a better person for it. I fell in love with this course. It's weird and I don't know how to explain it, but I did. A deep, meaningful, storied love that I've never experienced before. I'm currently in the leadership course and they made the mistake of putting me in a role of responsibility for the team. I feel like I did while in the military, of wanting to protect my 'guys'. What this has taught me is to be open about my caring for them, and showing them. It's also allowed me to understand and communicate what's going inside me. The other day I told them, that they were my misfits and loved them all. What they don't know is that they own me. Whatever they need, please don't tell them. Love you all, Brent

No comments: